We all want to have a functional and creative kids’ bedroom with decorating kid-friendly elements that helps create the environment that your child loves and feels good about with a price tag that is affordable. The challenge lays in creating a functional space.
Decorating and organizing your kids’ room nicely on a budget isn’t that difficult. Here are a few budget friendly tips to help you along the way.
- Storage: use cube storage or household containers to place toys and other items in bins for clever storage. You can also use shoe boxes and decorate them with contact paper to make them look fun!
- Buy furniture from second-hand stores like nightstands, small tables and chairs. Coat them with paint or other materials so you create that cool new look.
- Accent pieces: accentuate your kids’ room with a splash of color by incorporating kid friendly-rugs, patterened sheets and fun colored pillows.
- Colorful curtains: add playful patterns to brighten up your kids room. Or add blackout curtains to help reduce light so your kid can have a good night sleep. Look for easy to clean curtains to maximise the life span of the curtains.
- Wall art: Frame your kids’ artwork and pictures by using old or antique picture frames to decorate the wall.