Sleep quality is very important to maintain a healthy and balanced life. Everybody knows the dreadful feeling after a short or interrupted night. Long term low sleep quality can even be more harmful. There are many factors affecting your sleep quality. Do you think your sleep quality can use some improvement? Time to take measures into your own hands and see what can benefit you!
Before going to sleep, you can make some small changes to your daily routine for a better quality of sleep.
- Be consequent: Go to bed at the same time every day and try to get 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Alcohol and caffeine have a negative effect on sleep quality, try to avoid those a few hours before bedtime.
- Don’t use devices that radiate a lot of light, such as televisions, phones or computers. Instead read a book or go for a relaxed walk.
- Stay active during the day to ensure your body and mind want to recharge at the end of the day.
Optimize your bedroom
Besides changing your routine you can also optimize the conditions in your bedroom for a good night sleep.
- Your body needs to cool down when you’re asleep, a cool room helps this process. The most ideal room temperature is around 18 degrees Celsius. Try to cool your room before you go to sleep.
- Keep noise out. Choose the most silent room in the house or try to isolate your bedroom for noises. Remove ticking clocks and if necessary use earplugs.
- Darken your room. We sleep better in darkness and this improves sleep quality significantly. The perfect solution for a dark bedroom is using blackout window coverings.
Blackout window coverings is a collective name for window coverings that block out (sun)light completely. However, you should take into account that there might be some light coming through gaps around the window coverings. But with the right approach this can be reduced to a minimum.
Blackout curtains are perfect for the bedroom. With the right measures and drapery pleat options light from outside can be reduced drastically without compromising in style. With our large drapery collection, made to measure and drapery service we can create the perfect fit so you can wake up refreshed!
Another option to create more darkness in your bedroom is by the use of blackout shades. We offer a wide collection of colors and patterns to match your bedroom interior and with our made to measure and drapery service we make sure it fits like a glove to reduce the light in the bedroom which offers you a good night sleep
Motorized window coverings
Last but not least! Did you know that you can also motorize your bedroom window coverings? Set a timer for closing and opening your window coverings. Makes it even easier!
Come by to our store and let our team of professionals help you arrange the perfect blackout window coverings.
Leave a Reply